Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 8

Hello,

I'm back today with a super cute side step card for Christmas.  I was very excited to learn the Bitten By the Bug 2 Challenge Blog is having a Christmas in July themed challenge this week.  So I'll be linking up my projects from this week of my 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series to their challenge.  You can see more information about the Christmas in July challenge here.  Now that I've explained that let's get to today's card.


I found a tutorial on Everday Cricut on how to make an A2 sized side step card.  I decided that I wanted to try making my first ever side step card.  The tutorial is very easy to follow.  I chose to make my base navy to be like the night sky.  After I cut and folded the card I stamped the entire thing in silver ink with a snowflake stamp.  There is a picture of that further down in this post.


For all of my images I used the Create a Critter cartridge and all the images came from page 73.  I used the cute reindeer, a string of lights, the tree accessory and the phrase.


Isn't this just the cutest card?? I had my base cut and folded in navy but I really wanted to add a back piece for my lights and tree to be attached to so I cut a 3.5x3.75" piece of white cardstock.  To add some texture to that piece I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the D'Vine Swirls folder.  The string of lights is cut at 1" and I added some silver gel pen accents to each.  The tree was cut at 2.5".  I didn't cut the layer since you wouldn't be able to see it.  I stamped the green paper with green ink to have a tone-on-tone look.  I also used the same effect on the 0.5x3" piece of green paper in front.  I cut the phrase "JOY" at 2".  I used the same navy cardstock for the bottom layer and silver for the top layer.  The adorable reindeer is cut at 3.5".  I added some red stickles on his nose and popped him up with pop dots.


Here's a picture at a little bit of an angle so you can see the word "JOY" better.


Here's a picture of it more to the side so you can see the steps.


I wanted to show you the silver stamped snowflakes so I took a picture of the back because it was easier to see from that side.

Instructions:
Navy Base: Side Step A2 Card
White Layer: 3.5x3.75"
Reindeer (p. 73): 3.5"
Phrase (p. 73): 2"
Tree Accessory (p. 73): 2.5"
Lights (p. 73): 1"

I hope you enjoyed my card today and come back tomorrow for another Christmas card.

Have a Magical Day!!
Jessica


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cuts you used on your step card. Thanks for joining us on BBTB2. Stephanie

Jeri said...

This is absolutely adorable. That reindeer has always been one of my favorite Christmas card images to use myself. I love how you used it on the side step card. Thanks for playing at BBTB2.

Jayne said...

This si so cute!Love the reindeer and lights and that it is a side step card.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Jayne x

Sandi said...

this is just the cutest, love all your cuts, cute, cute, thanks for joining us at BBTB2, hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Super cute! Love the side step and the reindeer is just precious! Thanks for sharing with BBB2. xxD

Brenda said...

What a sweet card! I love the silver snowflakes, your scene is just too cute, love that reindeer!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

Susan Edwards said...

Love this! What a cute card. I like the side step card with the Christmas cuts added! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
Susan

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is aesome..Love the little critter...Thanks for joining us at BBTB2..Krista

Carole Beath said...

oh my my my, this is so so precious...thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 Christmas in July challenge.
Carole

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

This soooo precious, I love the side step.....Thanks for playing along...

Penny

Glenda said...

Great job with your first side step card! Love the cute Cricut cuts! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
Glenda

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Wow great job on the step card. The cuts are perfect for this and the whole effect is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for the Christmas challenge.

shelly said...

jessica your card is so adorable. create a critter is my fave cartridge and that lil deer is the cutest. thanks for sharing your fun card with us at bbtb2 :)

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous step card I love the dimension and your little reindeer is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex

Melissa said...

Oooo I love step cards! Yours is fabulously adorable! Thanks for linking up at BBTB2! :)