Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 12

Hello,

Well today is my last day of this series.  I hope you've enjoyed the last 11 days.  Thinking about Christmastime has definitely got me in a cooler state of mind which is needed in this crazy heat.  Anyway let's see what today's project is.


I really loved the color combo I used in Day 2 so I decided to use it again.  I wanted to make a simple, elegant card.  I think the Gingerbread Seasonal cartridge is great for simple Christmas cuts.  Each cut is 2 layers which makes assembly super easy.

This is standard A2 (4.25x5.5") size card using Kraft cardstock as a base.  The olive green and shimmery eggplant cardstock are both from Michael's.  The white layer on the sleigh and background is a shimmery white cardstock from Michael's as well.  I used clear embossing powder to emboss the eggplant cardstock for a tone-on-tone look.  The sleigh is cut at 2.25" and is popped up with pop dots.  I rounded all the corners with my Corner Chomper using the 1/2" size.

Instructions:
Kraft Cardstock Base: A2 (4.25x5.5")
Olive Green Cardstock: 4x5.25"
Eggplant Cardstock: 3.5x4.75"
White Layer: 1x4.75"
Sleigh Image: 2.25"

I hope you enjoyed my 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series.  I really enjoyed breaking up the summer with some Christmas cards and scrapbooking layouts.

This is my last project that I am linking up to the Christmas in July challenge at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog.
I have some more exciting series planned in the coming months so keep on the lookout for those.

Have a Magical Day!!
Jessica

10 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Great color combo. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Carole

Anonymous said...

Those colors are so elegant. Great card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

Brenda said...

Cute card! I love the color combo and the embossing. Great series too. Thanks for joining us at
BBTB2 ;-)

Sandi said...

Oh I so agree that color combo is just great. Thanks for joining in at BBTB2, hugs

Jeri said...

Fabulous color combo for your card. Love the look of the gingerbread sleigh. Thanks for playing at BBTB2.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great use of the gingerbread cart. Love the sleigh. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

DonnaMundinger said...

I definitely need to use that cart more. Love this. The colors are so fab. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

OH I just love Santa's sleigh, This is perfect...


Penny

Glenda said...

Pretty colors! Love the sleigh! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
Glenda

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous card! I loveyour gingerbread sleigh. Thanks somuch for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex