Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 7

Hello,

So my Sunday just flew by.  All this weekend has been the Christmas in July Event on QVC and needless got sucked into it.  I didn't buy anything but I just enjoy seeing all the Christmas things.  It makes me very excited for the holiday season.  Anyways that is the reason that today's post is so late.


For today's card I made a long card that measures 4x9".  I just used a white base and punched the front edge with my Martha Stewart Snowflake Edge Punch.  The thing I love about this punch is that it not only punches but it also embosses a snowflake.  For this card I wanted to use a non-traditional color theme so I used a dark red, navy and silver.  The "seasons greetings" cut is from the Celebrate with Flourish Lite cartridge.  It is cut at 3.5".  I added a 1/4x9" strip of navy cardstock above the punched snowflakes.


To help the punched snowflakes stand out I added a 1x9" strip of silver cardstock on the bottom edge of the inside of my card.  This was a very simple and elegant card.  This size card will fit in a No. 10 size envelope. 

Instructions:
White Cardstock Base: 8x9" (folded in half to make a 4x9" card)
Seasons Greetings Cut: 3.5"
Navy Strip: 1/4x9"
Silver Strip: 1x9"
Martha Stewart Snowflake Embossed Edge Punch

I hope you enjoyed tonight's post.  I only have 5 more projects to show you before my 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series in finished.

Have a Magical Day!!
Jessica

No comments: