Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 3

Hello,

I'm back again with some super cute A1 sized cards.  I absolutely love the Lite Celebrate with Flourish cartridge so it was no surprise that I would definitely be making some cute cards.  There are 5 different Christmas images and today I used 3 of them to make some coordinated A1 cards.


I am a big fan of polka dots and the red and green polka dot paper I got from Michael's just seemed to fit my idea for these cards.  Plus I had solid paper that matched them.  I cut the polka dot paper at 7x5" and folded them in half then added the 1x5" paper as an accent.  The opposite side of the polka dot paper is white so it will work perfectly for writing a message.


This is the first card of my set.  I chose the tree and cut it at 4.5".  I decided to do the same colors of paper as the example on the handbook which is what I did for each of the images.  For this card and the one with the ornament I used my Spring Green Zig Writer to do some faux stitching.  I wanted to add some flare to all of my images so I covered all the red pieces with red Studio G glitter glue.


I think the poinsettia cut is my favorite of the 3 images I cut.  I cut it at 2.75" and I used the Rose Zig Writer for faux stitching on this card.  I used pop dots to pop up all of my images since these cards were super simple.


My last image was the ornament which was cut at 3.5".  I rounded 2 corners on each of my cards using the 1/2" size.  Below I included my sizes for making these 3 cute cards.

Polka Dot Cardstock: 3.5x5" (done 3 times; 2 in red, 1 in green)
White Layer: 4.25x3" (done 3 times)
Polka Dot Layer: 1x5" (done 3 times; 1 in red, 2 in green)
Christmas Tree Image: 4.5"
Poinsettia Image: 2.75"
Ornament: 3.5"

Hope you enjoyed today's set of mini cards.  Come back tomorrow for another project for my 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series.

Have a Magical Day!!
Jessica

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great cards! All great images and I love how you added the glitter to the red cuts. Thanks for the holiday inspiration!