Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 1

Hello,

I decided to start some series of posts in order to keep me from slacking on my blog.  I really want to post more often and thought this would help me get into posting more regularly.  Christmas is one of my favorite times of year so I thought the 12 Days of Christmas in July would be a great first series for me to do.  Starting today I'll post a Christmas themed card or layout. 

For today I made a couple mini 3x3" cards.  I used Studio G stamps that I got on sale.  They turned out to be way cuter than I thought they would be. 


 Aren't they adorable?


I decided to show you the mini stamp sets I used from Studio G.  I found these sets in the Dollar bins at Michael's and Joann's. 


Here's a close-up of the little elves and here's how I made this mini card:

Red Base: 3x6" (folded in half to make a 3x3" card)
Green Polka Dot Layer: 2.75x2.75"
White Layer: 2.5x2.5"
Green Polka Dot Strip: 2.5x0.5"

I rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper (1/4").  I colored in the elves using Zig Writers (Rose, Spring Green, & Pure Pink), a brown Pilot G-2 pen and I used a gold gel pen for the little buttons on their jumpers.  I also added some clear Studio G glitter glue on the pom poms of their hats.


Here's a close-up of the little penguin and here's how I made this mini card:

Silver Base: 3x6" (folded in half to make a 3x3" card)
Light Blue Layer: 2.75x2.75"
Red Layer: 2.75x0.75"

I also rounded the corners on this card as well.  I colored the penguin with a black Pilot G-2 pen and Zig Writers (Rose & Pure Orange).  I added some sparkle to the penguin's santa hat using the clear Studio G glitter glue.  I used the snowflake stamps in this set to do emboss the blue layer.  I just used white embossing powder to make my white snowflakes.  I used clear embossing over black ink for my sentiment on the red paper.  I also popped up my penguin with pop dots.

I hope you enjoyed Day 1 of my 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series.  Come back tomorrow for another great Christmas card.

Have a magical day!!
Jessica

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love 3x3 cards!! The stamps you used are just too cute and they made for cute little cards. I loved all your days of Christmas projects, can't wait to see the rest of the days!