Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 6

Hello,

Here we are for Day 6 of my 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series.  I made 3 little signs that are hung together. 


They are simple and small but just right.  I used 3 different cartridges to make today's project.  They were Cricut Essentials which is one of the four cartridges installed on my Cricut Expression 2 machine, Lite Cherry Limeade and Simply Charmed.  The base for the signs were cut at 3.25" and from pages 26 & 27.  I chose to use the red polka dot paper as the frames.  The 2 signs I cut for the Santas were turned on the sides in order to make the Santas fit within the frame. 


I cut the Santas at 3" each with a black shadow from Simply Charmed.  I added 2 red jewels on the bottom of the signs to match the larger jewel on the "Believe" sign.  The Santas are popped up with pop dots to add some dimension.


I cut the letters for this sign from Lite Cherry Limeade at 1.5" and the whole word fit perfectly in the white section of this sign.  I added a large red jewel on the dot for the "i".

For each of the signs I punched 2 small holes in the corners and strung 1/8" black satin ribbon in order to hang them.  I debated hanging them all on one string but I liked the individual hangers better.


Instructions:
Signs (pg. 26 &27): 3.25"
Letters: 1.5"
Santas (p. 64): 3"
Red Jewels (2 sizes)
1/8" Black Satin Ribbon

Hope you enjoyed today's project.  I'm half way done with this series and I can't believe how fast it is going.  Come back tomorrow for another project.

Have a Magical Day!!
Jessica

2 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGosh these are just to stinkin' cute!! I am love all your days of projects!!

Brenda "Disney Girl" said...

These are too cute! I love the Santa!