Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 4

Hello,

I decided to switch it up today and make a Christmas scrapbooking layout.  I wanted to make something fun and simple.  I think my favorite part of Christmas is the decorating part so I thought it would be appropriate to make a "Deck the Halls" layout.


This layout turned out to be super cute and it was super simple to make.  I used the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge for this layout.  This cartridge was one of the first that I bought because it has a bunch of adorable images that represent lots of holidays/events.  When I came across this cute birdie and the phrase "Deck the Halls" I knew they would make a great layout. 

I used dark gray 12x12" cardstock for my background.  I chose to have 2 photo mats each cut at 4.5x6.5" (white layer).  Then I added another layer of green cardstock each cut at 4.75x6.75".  I used light green for the vertical mat and regular green for the horizontal mat.  On the bottom I added a red mat with a white section for journaling.  I used 1/4" wide red satin ribbon to accent my photo mats.  The ribbon is attached using the cheater method so I can later slide my photos behind it to attach them to the mats.

Below I have some close-up pictures of the details.  I have also included the measurements of my cuts.


I loved the "Deck the Halls" phrase so I knw I needed to use it.  This is cut at 3".  After I had attached everything to my base I decided that it needed a little something more so I added the 3 strings of lights.  I just cut the black to fit where I wanted them and cut out just the lights from p. 44.  I cut them at 5.5" with the Real Dial Size Off.  I cut 3 sets of the lights one in red, one in light green and the last in regular green.  I think it added just what was needed to my page.


I couldn't make this page without using the birdie from p. 44.  He is cut at 4.25" with the white shadow.  I actually glued the shadow down on the page and popped up the birdie with pop dots.  I've seen this done before and really liked the look of it.  To add some fun to the page I used red, light green and green Studio G glitter glue on all the Christmas lights.  I used Glossy Accents on the beak and legs of my birdie.  Before adding the Glossy Accents I drew 2 little black dots on the beak.

Instructions:
Dark Gray Base: 12x12"
Light Green & Green Photo Mat: 4.75x6.75"
White Photo Mats: 4.5x6.5"
Red Satin Ribbon: 1/4x7" & 1/4"x5"
Birdie (p.44): 4.25"
Deck the Halls Phrase: 3"
Red Journaling Mat: 1.75x7" (then cut the chevron out of one side)
White Journaling Mat: 1.5x3.75"
Extra Christmas Lights: 5.5"

Hope you enjoyed Day 4 of my 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series.  Come back tomorrow for another Christmas project.

Have a Magical Day!!
Jessica

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm enjoying your Christmas in July series! :) The bird from 3 Birds is adorable and I love how you added the lights to your title.

Linda said...

You're right, this IS super cute! Love the stickles on the xmas bulbs!

Linda
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com