Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

12 Days of Christmas in July: Day 5

Hello,

I'm back today with another Christmas scrapbooking layout.  I had a lot of fun making the layout yesterday so I decided I wanted to make another one.


This was another simple layout.  I just used a white 12x12" cardstock as my base.  The 2 larger photo mats are 4.5x6.5" each and the smaller one is 4x4".  I just used red cardstock to make the mats.  The images I cut are both from the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge.  The are both from page 43 of the handbook.  I cut the Santa Bird at 4" with the shadow in black.  The phrase is cut at 3" with the black shadow.  I wanted my images to really stand out so that's why I did the black shadows.  After I glued everything down I decided my plain white cardstock needed something extra so I stamped some red candy canes around the page. It turned out super cute and my mom said that she thought the paper was printed like that...but she obviously wasn't looking at the middle of the page because that isn't stamped at all.


Here's my Santa Bird.  I added some clear Studio G glitter glue on the beard and hat.  I also added 2 little black dots on the beak for the nostrils.


For the phrase I cut out the first layer in white and the accent pieces in red.  On the little hat I added more clear glitter glue where the fur part of the hat would be.  The pieces overlapping the photo mats are not glued down so when I put my photos on this page they'll slide right underneath.


I added pop dots under the phrase and image in order to give my page some dimension.  This page turned out to be super simple and cute.


Instructions:
White Cardstock Base: 12x12"
Red Cardstock Photo Mats: 2-4.5x6.5; 1-4x4"
Santa Bird (p.43): 4"
"Be Jolly" Phrase (p.43): 3"
Studio G Candy Cane Stamp & Red Ink
Clear Studio G Glitter G
Pop Dots

Hope you enjoyed today's 12 Days of Christmas in July 2012 series.  Make sure to stop back tomorrow for another project.

Have a Magical Day!!
Jessica

No comments: