Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Greetings from Wisconsin

Hi,
I was born and raised in Wisconsin so this is my Home Sweet Home.  This is the card I made for the Home Sweet Home challenge at Krafty Girls.  I decided that I wanted my card to look like a Greetings from postcard.  I think it turned out great.

I printed the Greetings from on the blue cardstock from my computer.  I used Designer's Calendar and the Cricut Craft Room to make the Wisconsin cut-out.  I slanted it using Cricut Craft Room.  The cheese block and cow are both from the cartridge From My Kitchen.  I made the grass by welding a rectangle and the grass icon on the Pooh and Friends cartridge.

I have to say that this card turned out to be way cuter than I thought it would be.

Recipe:
Card Base: A2-4 1/4 x 5 1/2" (kraft cardstock)
Layer: 3 3/4 x 5" (light blue cardstock)
Wisconsin Title: 1 1/2" (welded & slanted using CCR)
Cow: 2 1/2" (page 75)
Cheese: 1" (page 43)

Have a Magical Day!!

11 comments:

Maribel said...

I love how you made your card look like a postcard! That was a great idea:) I would love to visit Wisconsin one day. Thank you for krafting with us at Krafty Girls!
Maribel

Arcy Scraps said...

yup! nailed the postcard look! :) I havent gotten around to playing with the cricut craftroom, but I've seen so many great projects (like yours) that I just might! :) Thank you for playing along with us at Krafty Girls and hope to see you play with us again!
♥ Cyndy

ChatterScene.com said...

I just love it! What a great idea! TY for Playing along with us at Krafty Girls!

Karen said...

Adorable post card! I love the scene you created! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

It is too cute. I love the expression on the cow's face.

Candy said...

Super adorable!
Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls this week.
Candy
Krafty Girls DT Member
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

The Creative Mommy said...

Jessica!

I agree with Maribel!! The post card idea ROCKS!! What a great way to present a card!!! You did an awesome job!

Thanks for playing with the Krafty Girls!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Cute "postcard"!

-Theresa
ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

ScrappyRae10 said...

Simply adorable!! I love the cheese! Thanks for playing along with Krafty Girls!!!!

Jenn said...

It's a really great card. I love how you made it look like a postcard. It definitely does look like one. Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Girls!!

Amy said...

I love this, and you definitely captured that postcard feel! Great job! Thanks for joining us in the Krafty Girls Challenge! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com