Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Aloha

Hi,
Since I recently graduated from college in Hawai'i I had to make some Aloha-style projects.  My mom and I spent 2 weeks there sight-seeing after graduation.  This was my mom's first time coming out to Hawai'i since I've been in school.  We were lucky enough to get to go to the Big Island and Maui.  I got gifts for my friends and I came up with these cards to send with their gifts.
 I used a purple hibicus flower patterned paper for the background that I got from a paper pad.  I used bright paper to accent that I used black satin ribbon.  I embossed the accent paper with my Cuttlebug and the D'vine Swirls embossing folder.  The hibicus flower was cut from the Luau Seasonal cartridge.  I also popped up the pink hibicus flower so it would stand out even more.  I added some bling and white gel pen accents.
 The message in the card read "May the waves kiss your feet, the sand be your seat, and your friends outnumber the stars."  It was a perfect sentiment for my awesome friends that have been my cheerleaders throughout school.
 My mom asked if I wold make cards to give with the gifts she got her friends.  I used the Luau cartridge and the D'vine Swirls embossing folder again for these.  I added some sparkles and purple ribbon to each of the cards.
Lastly, I decorated some plain white takeout containers for the gifts my mom had.  I used more of the patterned paper from the same paper pad.  I stamped the tags with a hibicus flower and tied a ribbon the finish it off.
Have a Magical Day!!!

No comments: